The Utah Kart Championship is the only outdoor go-kart sprint racing series in Utah. The season kicks off in March and runs through October with a full slate of championship rounds. Considered the most affordable form of auto racing, go-kart racing is a sport designed for the fun and enjoyment of individuals and entire families. With competitors ranging in age from 5 to 65+ years of age, and numerous race class options, it truly is for anyone.
All events are held at the beautiful Utah Motorsports Campus in Tooele, Utah, a world-class racing facility. As a driver or crew member you'll enjoy a paved pit area, available garage space for rent, and numerous track configuration options. Just going to be spectating? This is definitely the facility to be a supporting friend or family member (we think you should drive, but we'll let it slide this time). There are plenty of clean restroom facilities, many elevated viewing locations, and a place to grab some snacks and drinks.
Are you curious what a typical race event weekend looks like? Okay, let us explain a little. A standard UKC weekend spans Friday at 12:00 pm to Sunday at 12:00 pm. Here's a sample timeline to demonstrate:
- 12:00 pm - Competitor load-in begins
- 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm- Test & Tune managed by facility
- 5:00 to 8:00 pm - Race registration and check-in open
- 6:30 to 8:30 am - Race registration and check-in open
- 8:00 am - Morning warm-up and practice begins
- 9:45 am - Driver's meeting
- 10:00 am - First round of Heat Races
- 12:00 pm - Lunch
- 12:30 pm - Second round of Heat Races
- 2:30 pm - Final
- 5:30 pm - Awards ceremony
- 8:00 am to 12:00 pm - Test & Tune managed by facility